Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WELCOME TO MY 2ND BLOCK PARTY!

So this was the 2nd CN BLOCK PARTY from DC COMICS I did a few months back. Hitting stands and general populace a few weeks back, this was ISSUE #43, which was alot of fun--and not just because in their ads for it, DC Comics accidently called the main character "Andy", instead of Adam. Sorry Julie! hehehe This particular story was extra-special fun because it was written by series writer and all-around-talented-nice-guy TOM SHEPPARD. His script gave me lots of room to play and be creative. And bigger thanks to the CAHILLS and my editors who allow me to stray slightly on a few models. I remember loving those old GENE HAZELTON Yogi Bear and FLINTSTONES strips...which is probably overly ambitious for me to strive for, but you knew where/what show the characters were from, but he had this ability to breath into them another life in a different medium. Maybe I'm going about these freelance gigs all wrong--but I believe kids who read these aren't stupid and hopefully appreciate that little extra effort or gag.

Anyone recognize this petshop on page one...?


And it's finished counterpart...


PAGE 2's



PAGE 4



PAGE 6



PAGE 7



PAGE 8

6 comments:

T' said...

These are a hell of a lot of fun. You have quite a wide range. I can totally see the lure of 60s Gold Key comics, and the like. They were fun, simple and free. I tried to tap somewhat into that myself, but nowhere near as successfully as you did.

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Damn, these came out great!

Heather Sybil Chavez said...

wow this is amazing, do you get any sleep ;)

sdestefano said...

Those're some cool comics, Andy.

James Sutton said...

Ha!

I loved the way you drew Adam..

sena said...

wooow i like the show in cartoon network. I just noticed that there also the comic? cool! i like your art man.