Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TRANSIT

Aside for the state of my life right now, it's also an amazing book by TED MCKEEVER!



This digest-sized hardcover just came out from IMAGE Comics last week. It collects the first 5 issues of this cutting edge, "underground" comic from over a few decades ago, believe it or not--PLUS a final 6th chapter in the story. To say he was and is a huge influence on me is an understatement. I'm so looking forward to the subsequent collected EDDIE CURRENT and METROPOL. Does anyone know if PLASTIC FORKS will be in this batch as well??

I know you might not be able to tell from the way my work looks now, but there was a time I tried to emulate this style in every way. I almost got a tattoo of one of his images (but my friend who was getting inked in front of me passed out. Needless to say I then declined one of my own--but that's a story for another day). Even if you are a fan of more mainstream books, treat yourself to these collected volumes. They're definitely worth it!

A few months back, the beautiful Miss Mandy Amano and her beau, Mr. David Mack were doing a signing with Ted McKeever at Golden Apple Comics on Melrose. I told Mandy I was a FREAK for him and she asked him to sketch me something!
It's NUN and EDDIE CURRENT (mysteriously shrouded in shadow)! Characters of his that pop up throughout nearly all his work! They introduced me and instead of him being the surly old English chap I expected, he was an extremely nice, energetic, smiley, hip, NY-Italian dude! I was floored!! (sort of reminded me of Stephen DeStefano).

Ahh. Suddenly I was 15 again...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope CN gives back your Dynamite Jones storyboard.Is it a slapstick action/comedy?

wolfboy said...

Man, you sure are a tenacious one, aren't you...!?

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the beg for the board.I just like the storyboards better than the actual animation.Can you give what the first episodewas supposed to be?

Anonymous said...

Did you create Circus Peanut,writeit,and storyboard it?

wolfboy said...

Oh, hey there--yes I did!

wolfboy said...

Charlie Bean and I did the story board. Then Chris Riccardi and I did the second, yet unseen board after.

Anonymous said...

Can you post part of that board if you still have it?