Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"AMERICAN GOTHIC"

...or 'American Dream'; depending on the side of the street, I suppose. My wife, dog, two cats and kid-on-the-way moved to "the valley" last weekend. Transplanting ourselves from an urban-type atmosphere...to a neighborhood where kids play in the street, instead of drug dealers (okay, ktown hasn't been that bad in awhile, I guess), passerby's waving hello--and a neighborhood watch captain that offers to help my preggo mate unload groceries from her car. On the surface, it's a totally foreign planet--but I can't help but be reminded of ROXY MUSIC'S "In every dream home..."


Amongst the boxes to unpack, I've also started back @ CN. It's nice seeing the old gang after so many years working from home--the company is nice (sorry, animals) and the experience of having a sort of professional "checks and balances" is worth more than getting a weekly paycheck (well, almost). It's also neat being able to play with new toys like a Cintiq (results above).

If I haven't replied to you yet, I will soon--I got a new computer as well!

7 comments:

Mukpuddy said...

Cool man, is it Genndy's new show you're working on at CN?

wolfboy said...

yup!

Chris Battle said...

I also entered new computer & CIntiq-land, as well. It is now officially ON!! Congrats again on the triple good news.

wolfboy said...

thanks, Chris--and congrats to you!

Michelle Bickford said...

...I am paintinggggggg a casserole and bringing it overrrrrrrrrr...

Anonymous said...

I also entered new computer & CIntiq-land, as well. It is now officially ON!!

___________________
Smarry
We do your Marketing for best sales

Custom Coaster said...

This new world confuses me, but I want to go to this happy land that seems so wonderful.

I hope the all new, all family Andy will be okay in the new setting (family too).