Tuesday, March 12, 2013

"M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-EEEEE!!!"



YAY! The official press release has rolled out and I can FINALLY say what I've been working on for the past year!! These Mickey Mouse shorts are under 4 minutes, look beautiful and are actually funny!

It was a sort of homecoming coming to Disney; working again with folks like Paul Rudish (who's the exec. producer on these shorts), Jenny Gase-Baker, Aaron Springer, Chris Savino, Derek Dressler, Darrick Bachman, Clay Morrow, Chris Roszak, Chris Hacker, Joseph Holt, Illya Owens, Alex Kirwan, Dave Wasson, Robert Lacko and Stephen DeStefano--all whom I've worked with over the past 12, 13 or so years (mostly on Samurai Jack, Star Wars: Clone Wars, etc)--as well as new, talented friends like Justin Martin, Justin Parpan, Narina Sokolova, Rae McCarson, Alonso Ramirez Ramos, Greg Levitan, Kali Fontecchio, Tara Billinger, Jasmine Bocz and Todd Popp, Steve Lininger, John Chang and Monica Mitchell.


Croissant de Triomphe on Disney Video

YOU CAN ALSO GET 1st MICKEY SHORT HERE!             

17 comments:

T' said...

Saw this today and thought it was terriffic! I generally don't care for Mickey as there's not a lot of character there. This time, he felt the real hero. This was stylish and fun. Made me smile lots. Well done, dood!

Kyu-bum Lee said...

The short is so amazing! beautiful work!

Matt Jones said...

EXCELLENT WORK ANDY!

wolfboy said...

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, Paul Rudish's intention was to make Mickey an actual "character" again, versus sterile corporate logo. He has such love for Disney history, so it never comes off as cynical or ironic.

Mark Mayerson said...

Where was this produced?

Aaron Ludwig said...

I loved it. Awesome stuff!

wolfboy said...

Mercury Filmworks in Ottawa! They are great!

Lionel said...

Hello Andy, I marveled at this Mickey. I'm from Brazil and know that your work, and his colleague Paul Rudish inspire many people like me here. thank you

Dougmian said...

Congrats Andy! I can imagine how was fun to work on it with this amazing crew! You are an awesome artist and this short reveals all the talent that you and the other guys have!
This short is really beautiful and full of energy!

Jenny Lerew said...

Super nice stuff from all of you. It made me feel good to look at it-just so well done. Big kudos!

DarylT said...

I loved it.

Mad Max Winston said...

Really fun stuff, I liked the French aspect, too.

Tom Bancroft said...

Andy, this is a really great short, I can't wait to see the others! I went to CalArts with Paul Rudish, this is really up his alley! If ever you guys need any help, look me up!

wolfboy said...

You got it, Tom! Thanks Max, Daryl, Jenny and Bruno--YES! The crew we have is AMAZING. Thanks, Lionel! I love Brazil! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

D Gaffney said...

So awesome. Way to go Andy.

D Gaffney said...

These are gorgeous. Awesome work Andy.

Rafael said...

The shorts are really wonderful! Lovin' each one of them! Just one question: could you tell me who's the background artist?